“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Thursday 3 November 2011

Happy Hamper.....

When we received a lovely warm invitation to visit friends, I knew exactly what I wanted to take to her house, especially after all my enquiries as to what she would like me to contribute were met with firm, precise instructions 'not to bring anything'.
Well I couldn't do that, so I thought of all the lovely yummy things that might appeal and bought a basket to present them. I bought one basket that was huge because I just couldn't find one of the right size, plus I was also running out of time. But then I saw one that was just right.... so I've had to keep the large one for myself ~ naturally ; D
Then it was on to the Deli for all the delectable delights to fill it. I had such fun deciding and hopefully they are all useable if not firm favourites. 
Then the cellophane and the ribbon to finish off. That was fun and a little tricky but I got there in the end.
The gift was for Melbourne Cup Day, so that meant it had to be a yellow ribbon. The flower for Melbourne Cup Day is the yellow rose. I love the Festival week tradition that each day there is a specific buttonhole flower for the gents. It really does look stunning with everyone dressed in all their finery.

And here it is.....

You can't really see all that's inside but then that's the fun...if you make one yourself you can put in anything you like.
The hamper was certainly well received so I was very pleased....I certainly had pleasure in creating it.

Funny really I can create something like that and I've also put together a stool for my kitchen today, but I just can't seem to create a painting.....don't worry I'm still working on it. I'll let you know if/when anything happens with the silk. Its still stretched out and waiting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...