“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Thunder and Lightening

We had quite a thunderstorm last night, which was a complete surprise to me.

I'd enjoyed a beautiful day with temperatures in the high 20's, but I hadn't seen any forecast about a storm coming. What a surprise when an incredibly strong wind preceded the thunder and lightning. Muffin freaked out, but at least she didn't run under the bed this time. Thankfully it didn't carry on through the night, but I did wonder how much damage might have occurred to the garden.

(I have to confess this isn't one of my photo's of lightning hitting 120 Collins St Melbourne, October 1994
.....courtesy of skyscrapercity.com)

So I did a tour to peruse the garden this morning...and remarkably I didn't find any damage. Well, masses of wisteria petals floating on the pool - which I'd already cleared twice yesterday, but nothing else thankfully. I can't help thinking whoever decided to put the wisteria so near to the pool should be made to come and clear it! But then by the look of the thick twisting trunk, I think it was here long before the pool.

So look what I found..... whoohoo...my beans have produced flowers already!



They are an early season variety but I never thought they'd flower after only a couple of weeks.


And then look at my broccoli.....it looks like the cayenne pepper trick won the battle with the beasties.


Its a real nutritional powerhouse. Along with a rich supply of vitamins and minerals, notably vitamin C, folate (folic acid), and potassium, it contains the phytochemical sulforaphane, which helps reduce the risk of cancer, so we'll be ready for anything after eating a portion of this.

Now to soften the edges.....here's a real cutie. When I look at this pansy I see a face with a very swish hat.
Hmm....is it just me then? I know the minds a very strange thing at times....and I swear I haven't touched a drop since last weekend....honest!

For anyone who hasn't seen the sun lately or is missing it already....how about this beautiful pansy flower. Like a huge sun ; D 



I'm off tomorrow to have lunch and a visit to the cinema with some girlfriends from my book club. Our next meeting is due early next month and we'll be discussing 'The Help' by American author Kathryn Stockett, so we are going to review not only the book but the film too. I'm really looking forward to seeing it although I've heard mixed reviews. If you have any comments on either the book or film I'd love to hear from you....

I know I'm neglecting my baking but I'm having difficulty fitting everything in....I have been cooking but not organised any posts yet...I'll try to do better I promise ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...